Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jabong.com amusing customer service experience

I have tried shopping from Jabong.com several times after hearing rave reviews about them and surprisingly each time I encountered some or the other problem, which did not let me order. I talked to customer service and they noted down my request, but nothing was done about it.

I tried ordering finger rings from a particular brand that I really liked and the size chart was missing. Despite several calls, emails, nobody bothered to get back to me on that. I dropped the idea.

In Aug this year, I went to their site again to check out some lowers (trackpants and panties). I was not sure of the size so I clicked on the 'Not sure of your size?' link next to each item. Surprisingly, it came up with a size chart for the 'uppers' only.

I called them and they told me I will get a response in minimum 48 hours. That was too long to wait for a return call so I also emailed them that I need something to fit waist size this and hip circumference this, but I am not sure if that would fit into an S or M as the size chart is irrelevant. I gave them the link to the items and explained very clearly what I needed help with.

After a few days, I got this response from Jabong.com:
(Click on the image to see enlarged view)


My Response:
(Click on the image to see enlarged view)


Ahhhhhhh the bliss of shopping from a remote area! But I wonder, if I was still in Delhi, would it have made a difference to the size chart? Nope ;)

By the way, I wonder why do they have TWO Facebook pages:One with a White Jabong.com Logo and the Other with a Black Jabong.com logo.

** images courtesy jabong.com

5 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha....ur response! Loved the way u framed ur mail lol
    Crzy people!
    But then hw come you hv Jabong adverts on the sidebar of ur blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I think the business is good, just the customer service is poor (though polite). It was just too funny not to share :D I was actually amazed to know they have their dedicated courier service in main cities and the guy brings along a swipe machine as well for COD and takes back the shoes in case they don't fit you etc and you too hauled with them recently during your haul-i-daying ;) Oh the Jabong.com ads, that's because the context of my blogpost matches the context of the ad: contextual ad targeting.

      Delete
  2. Creativity in the posts..:)
    darling i am sorry for late response since my mail subscriptions from onlygreymatters were getting into spam. and i was under the impression that you have not posted.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey no worries at all :) And I do not expect everyone to read every post. All I want is people who come to my blog through search engines, leave with some value add to their lives :) and if any info is able to help anyone, that's the satisfaction I thrive on. So please never worry about reading and commenting on all posts but I do love and appreciate honest feedback.

      Delete
  3. Lol.. looks like they are really not bothered to go through the query/complaint in the first place. all they want to do is mail some automated reply to a particular type of question. aptly replied gagan...

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible once I approve them manually.

Anonymous comments will not be answered. So either use a profile or the Name/URL option to comment (can leave the URL box blank).

In Google Chrome, you can tick mark the 'Notify Me' box in the bottom right to get notified when I reply to your comment.