Thursday, May 9, 2013

Oral B Essential Waxed Dental Floss Review

Oral B Essential Waxed Dental Floss Review

This is a review of mint flavored Oral B Essential Waxed Dental Floss. Oral B Essential Floss is mint flavored and comes in this cute, handy, hygienic and travel friendly round container.

Oral B essential dental floss review mint flavor waxed

Oral B essential waxed dental floss mint review
You flip open the cap and pull out the desired length of the flossing thread. Bring the thread under the metallic clip and snap in the opposite direction to cut. The remaining thread end sits secure under the metal clip so you can pull it again for the next use. The closed packing keeps the floss hygienic.

Oral B essential waxed dental floss mint review


Oral B essential waxed dental floss review

Price: INR 85
Length: 50 meters
Flavor: Mint
Type: Waxed, multifilament floss
Made in Ireland
Availability: Available offline in local pharmacies/ chemist shops. For some reason, it is currently out of stock on every online portal.

Oral B essential waxed dental floss
The pack contains 50 metres of wax coated flat thread. The thin flat shape of this floss and the wax help in sliding the floss easily into the tight space between the teeth, while the mint flavor leaves your mouth and gums feeling very refreshed. A floss easily reaches under the gumline, where your toothbrush cannot reach. So while brushing twice a day is great, if you develop a habit of flossing your teeth daily or 3-4 times a week, you can keep many serious tooth and gum diseases at bay.

Oral B essential waxed floss is a multifilament floss, meaning, the floss thread is made up of many thin strands/filaments of nylon loosely weaved together. When you look at it, you can see only one shiny white thread, but when you use it, you can feel the multiple strands as they flatten and loosen up while cleaning in between very tight teeth without any friction.

Oral B essential waxed dental floss

In spite of being a multifilament floss, the flossing thread never tore, shredded or stuck in between my teeth. It is very gentle and never cut the skin on my gums. It makes my life easy. Even when I feel my mouth is totally clean after brushing, this floss always surprises me when it pulls out very minute food particles out of my nicely brushed teeth.

My front teeth are loose while the teeth on the sides are very tightly packed. Toothpick and toothbrush cannot clean the food particles stuck there. Oral B essential floss easily cleans in between those very tight teeth. 

Initially, the mint flavor felt very strong and used to feel like a sting when the floss would touch my gumline. But within a few uses, I could actually appreciate the nice minty flavor and fresh feeling that spreads in my mouth after flossing with Oral b essential flavored floss.

The packing is very cute, lightweight and travel friendly, and the shape is ideal to hold without slipping out of the hand. I always carry it around in my purse. 

Oral B essential floss is great value for money and can save you expensive dentist visits. It is also very good for people who eat a lot of non-veg, which gets stuck in their teeth. Poking toothpick in between your teeth not only increases the gap between your teeth, but also looks very bad to look at. While carrying this little tool with you when dining out, you can easily slip to the washroom after the meal and return with a fresh clean smiling set of teeth in a couple of minutes.

How to floss your teeth

To know more about dental floss, check HERE. To know how to floss, check THIS GREAT VIDEO. If you still need more clarity, feel free to ask me in the comments.

How to floss your teeth
How to floss your teeth
How to floss upper teeth
Slip the floss in the upper teeth with the help of thumbs
Similarly, use your first (index) or middle finger to slip the floss in between lower teeth
Flossing is a great habit to develop. Guys, girls really go gaga over a guy who flosses. Such minute things matter a lot to girls :) and Girls, it is a great personal care habit for you too.

If you have never flossed your teeth, you are missing out on a great blissful feeling of a very clean mouth. Trust me, try it once and you will feel the difference.

14 comments:

  1. my dad does it..
    somehow im scared to do this.. once i tried..failed..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same pinch. My dad also used to do it but he had a wax coated thick thread. I tried that and it was a little difficult to slide in between teeth. I even tried normal thread you use for stitching, for practice. But I ended up hurting myself. Trust me, this one is AWESOME and won't hurt at all as it is flat shaped and soft. It's worth overcoming your fear or for gifting to your dad :)

      Delete
  2. I wanted to try this too but was scared. It seems great due to the flat ribbon like shape it would hurt that much. I will try.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you meant it wouldn't hurt that much :) In fact Niesha it doesn't hurt at all. The mint flavor feels a little strong on the gums where the floss touches, but within a few uses, all you would feel is freshness in the mouth.

      Delete
  3. My mom use this floss for a long. I thought its for only those u have dental problem. Now your review has opened my eyes. Will definitely try it out. Thanx for the review Gagan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megha. Dentists do suggest it to people who have or who are likely to have tooth decay or gum problems. But including flossing in our normal routine actually does reduce the risk of these problems to a great extent :)

      Delete
  4. Wow..really a good product..never used this one..will buy it soon ...:):)
    Nice review as alwyz..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a very good product Tej. Do try it, you will love it :)

      Delete
  5. I think this is an awful product, I bought it as my normal dental floss was out of stock. It won't pull out without fraying/ me cutting all blood supply to my fingers, and if I use the metal clip to break the floss I can't get a good enough hold on it to pull out any more.

    Really badly designed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback but I choose to disagree as what you have mentioned is totally user error. When you snap off the floss using the metal clip, simply pull a little extra and then close the lid, it will help you next time. Else, the white container can be easily opened to pull out the thread, in case it falls in by chance. It's simply that you are not used to such design and don't know how to use it. I did the same thing as you, when I had used it the very first time :)

      I don't see why you would need to wrap it around your fingers and then try to snap it. It is made from multiple fibers and doing so will obviously strain the fibres into a thinner thread but NOT break it.

      Delete
  6. Hi Di, where did you buy this ? I want it too. Is it available online or can be found easily at chemist's shop ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Deepika, I had bought it from medplusbeauty,com and now unable to find it online. But you should be able to get it easily from a chemist shop. I am also going to ask my chemist to get me one. This one is a hygienic packing but if not this, you will surely get some other brand with the local chemist.

      Delete
  7. Hi Diva

    Did you get this chemist shop ??I am unable to find this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had bought this from medplusbeauty.com. Earlier I used to shop with them a lot, but not anymore and also they now charge Rs 50 shipping to non-metro areas. I was also not able to find this again online or in my local chemist shop as I am in a small area, but you should be able to get it in any big city easily, at pharmacy stores.

      I bought the Colgate floss recently but it is not value for money and the quality is extremely bad :(

      Delete

Comments will be visible once I approve them manually.

Anonymous comments will not be answered. So either use a profile or the Name/URL option to comment (can leave the URL box blank).

In Google Chrome, you can tick mark the 'Notify Me' box in the bottom right to get notified when I reply to your comment.