Monday, June 10, 2013

Privyshop.com Shopping Experience Review

Privyshop.com is a new online store with a very different concept. I got to know about it from an ad on my blog. It is an online store where men and women can buy intimate and private products from the comfort and privacy of their home.

Privyshop is owned by a customer oriented couple from Bangalore, that did thorough market research before starting this business. Being a new business, they have their share of challenges, despite which, my shopping experience was as good as any other established online store.
Privshop.com bangalore reviews
Many readers share their confidence issues in emails and I see how some people feel very embarrassed about buying private clothing and other hygiene or intimate care products. God has created the Man and Woman bodies with specific biological features in mind and there is nothing to feel shy about buying a brassiere, sanitary napkins or intimate care products. However, owing to the restricted environment we are raised in, not everybody feels confident about buying such stuff from the direct market. Privyshop.com will save you from such confidence or embarrassment issues.

I was writing an introductory post on this business and contacted them for some details. They sent me a promotional coupon so I can shop with them and include my real shopping experience in the post, positive or negative. Basically they wanted genuine feedback on their business and identify any gaps. So I got a chance to shop with them.

ABOUT PRIVYSHOP.COM

While other online lingerie stores mostly target premium buyers, Privyshop targets all sections. They have products for low to medium buying capacity buyers and also keep some high end brands. So there is something for everyone. The products are categorized under 'Women' and 'Men' sections

Under Women's ♀ Section, you can buy Undergarments/Lingerie (Bras, Camisoles, Panties), Shapewear, Accessories (Nursing pads for feeding women, disposable panties, hygiene panties, sweat pads, Period panties etc) and Personal Hygiene products for Women (Razors, Hair Removal Creams, Panty Liners, Sanitary Napkins, Tampons and Intimate Wash). Besides these, they also offer some additional items like Facial Bleach Creams, Facial wet wipes and Saari Slips/Petticoats.


buy shapewear online india privyshop.com

buy petticoat, saree slips, pettskirts in India privyshop.com


Under Men's ♂ Section, you can buy Undergarments (Boxers, Briefs and Vests) and Sexual Wellness products (©0nd0ms, St¡mulat0rs and Gels).



I am watching this site from one and a half months and they are continuously expanding the range of products.

As a policy, they do NOT sell any factory seconds. So all items are fresh and without any defect. Just in case any item gets damaged, the Shipping policy clearly tells what to do. Every relevant information and policy link is at the bottom of the home page and the left column of all the pages in the site.




I read all policies thoroughly before shopping and see that they have taken ownership of almost anything that can go wrong, to ensure a positive experience for the buyers. All new online businesses start like that, and I hope the service remains consistent in the future also, when it becomes a very established business.

MY SHOPPING EXPERIENCE WITH PRIVYSHOP.COM

I usually do not buy clothes online as there is no try and buy option available for my place. Also, even on big sites like Jabong.com and Yebhi.com, I had found ridiculously irrelevant size charts for lingerie. Privyshop.com had all relevant size charts in place and with simple measurements, I could figure out what sizes to order. They answered all my emails promptly and I received an email confirmation at each step.

I got stuck at the checkout as the promotional coupon was not working. Also, I could not find my pincode in the list of serviceable areas even though we have both EMS and Fedex, which are Privyshop's shipping partners.

I wrote to them and got a prompt response about the technical changes being made in the site at that time, which was not allowing the coupon to be processed. The area codes list was fixed within 30 minutes of emailing them. I did not want to delay my order. I chose bank transfer as payment method and they helped me complete my order by waiving off the coupon amount from the bill. Later, the coupon issue was also resolved.

COD (Cash on Delivery) is rarely available for my area code so I prepay for my online shopping. Fedex just comes up to our adjoining pincode, so I informed them to ship my order via EMS. I placed the order on Friday late evening. It was dispatched on Saturday morning and reached me on Tuesday by noon, exactly in 3+ days.

I was extremely surprised because courier delivery takes 6-10 days in my area and my privyshop.com order through EMS reached me on the 4th day morning, despite a weekend in between! Good job Privyshop and India Post.

As the name suggests, Privyshop respects your privacy. The best thing was discreet packing, which I did expect from such a private store. My order came in a plain thin khaki cardboard box with cling tape wrapped around as lamination. The packet mentioned only "Siddhartha Trading" as the sender name and Privyshop was nowhere mentioned on the box, thereby ensuring that nobody knew what was inside. No copy of bill pasted outside, one invoice copy inside the box for the customer to review the ordered items.


The box got a little beaten up and got a small slit on one side (postal handling), but all products were intact. The packing was very normal yet sensible. Thermocol stuffing was not required for these items and the clothes/lingerie were inside their original cardboard packing.


The cling tape is torn because I was just about to open it and then remembered to take pics first.
It is also mentioned in their Shipping Policy that lingerie and undergarment items are simply mentioned as 'apparel' in the invoice and other personal care private products as mentioned as only 'personal care product'. This ensures a completely private shopping experience. The courier or postal guy does not know the details of the items inside.

PRIVYSHOP.COM PROMOTIONAL OFFERS:

They currently have some offers going on. You can check the current hot deals HERE and the discount offers HERE.



There is a great flat 21% off offer on panties including branded Adira hygiene panties, for all prepay orders. 10% off on Adira period panties. Also, I am surprised that they are selling the discounted sanitary napkin packs for SOFY Sidewalls, which no other online shop sells and even physical stores don't stock them for low margins. First 2 packets count in free shipping. If you order more than 2 packets, it attracts a Rs 10 additional shipping charge from the 3rd packet onwards.

PRIVYSHOP.COM SHIPPING POLICY

PREPAY ORDERS (Online Payment/Bank Deposit/ Cheque/DD):
Free Shipping on all Prepaid Orders of INR 600 and above.
For prepay orders between Rs 200- Rs 600, Shipping Charge of Rs 49 applies
For Prepay orders value up to Rs 199, Shipping charge of Rs 69 applies

The shipping charges for small orders are quite nominal and less than other online stores selling similar stuff.

COD ORDERS (Express Shipping - Limited Pincodes available):
  • Free Shipping on all COD orders >= Rs 1199
  • For COD orders between Rs 600-Rs 1198, a nominal COD charge of Rs 49 applies
  • For COD orders between Rs 200-Rs 599, a COD charge of Rs 98 applies
  • For COD orders between up to Rs 199, a COD Charge of Rs 125 applies
Check the complete Shipping Policy HERE.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

You can pay through Visa or Mastercard Debit/Credit cards or Transfer the payment online through Netbanking. Else pay Cash on Delivery (COD) through courier or VPP (India post service).

Such businesses are changing the scene on the Indian Market Front.

PRIVYSHOP.COM BUSINESS INFO:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/privyshopcom/467139580008140
Email: customercare@privyshop.com
Ph: 080- 2521 0089

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Radha. It is indeed. Do shop with them and you wear Sarees you can get saree slips too.

      Delete
  2. wow.. i browsed the site.. some interesting things they have to offer :)
    good review gagan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Supriya. Yes, and they are adding more products, slow yet steady and that makes sense for any new business. They actually are very customer oriented.

      Delete
  3. It's always good to know new sites on the block. :)
    Thanks for sharing this Gagan. I will check this site too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niesha. It's a good site for anyone who doesn't want to face downmarket people when buying private stuff. I liked it!

      Delete
  4. hey how r u?
    thats really nice gaagn... basic items available at a click.. nd very thoughtful of them for providing discreet packaging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing great dear. It's always a delight to see your comment :) Yes discreet packing is sensible. I am planning to buy more stuff in the future, just for the delight of good service, comfort and privacy.

      Delete

Comments will be visible once I approve them manually.

Anonymous comments will not be answered. So either use a profile or the Name/URL option to comment (can leave the URL box blank).

In Google Chrome, you can tick mark the 'Notify Me' box in the bottom right to get notified when I reply to your comment.